Re: Tune up

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 1997 - 21:34:02 EST

As far as plugs Autolite Platinums work well in my '92 3.9, and others on
the list report good results too. Running MSD Heli-Core plugwires, and
shortly after I put them on the guy at the emissions test couldn't get his
inductive tach to pick up a signal, and finally asked me if I had a tach.
The last time they could pick up a signal, but the truck still seems to
run fine and with no radio noise.

I just bought an Edelbrock 1208 10" open chrome filter for my Dakota, but
haven't installed it yet because I want a K&N filter. The stock
replacement K&N is only 9 1/2" OD to fit the inside of the groove on the
stock filter can. Got to get a 10" OD K&N and put in one of Kuk's bent
air cleaner hold downs before I put it on. It'd be nice if it'd stop
raining too, since the garage won't hold the truck : (. BTW got to see
how tall a K&N will fit under the hood with the Edelbrock, which has got a
flat bottom.

Larry
elliott@serv.net