RE: Brake rotor problems

From: Steve Connelly (stevec@extendsys.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 11:41:49 EST

I've always had the same tire dealer work on my tires and rotate them
every 5K miles. Every time they do it, I watch, and they do use a
torque wrench and they do tighten in the right pattern. But I still had
very warped rotors at about 25k miles. I got them turn down, then they
became warped again within about 10K miles. Maybe they have the torque
wrench set too high??? They aren't nearly as bad this time, so I
haven't done anything else with them (now at about 60K miles). I
planned to replace the rotors with aftermarket ones when I need my first
brake job. I have had no problems with the drums in back.

Steven Connelly
93 Dakota 4x4 CC V8
stevec@extendsys.com