Re: Dealer Warranty Work

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 11:54:35 EST

Logo update:

just a humorous story about the Dealer Logo...
The dealer that I was going to buy my Dak from has a relatively large
obnoxious Dealer Logo (Which BTW is drilled and riveted on) and, I told
the them that I wanted a discount for advertising their logo around town
on my truck. Obviously they laughed at that and told me no way, (I was
only kiddin but I thought it was worth a shot). But, they were total jerks
about it. So I told them that I would *not* Buy the truck from them if
it had the logo on it. They sent me packin! Can you believe it? As it
turns out I was able to get the exact same deal at a different dealer (+$15)
and I went there. (They too had an obnoxious logo, but it was not riveted
on) I gave them offer and they told me they also couldn't (wouldn't)
leave it off, but held off putting it on until right before I picked up
the so As soon as I got home I was able to remove it easily as it hadn't
set yet...(a small knife under the corner and it peeled back easily)
But ya got wonder about some o those dealers...
apparently those sticker (or emblems in some cases) are worth more than
13 thousand dollars! ha!
-rICK
'90 4x4 3.9L Auto(A500)