Re: Bed Liner for 97

From: Howard Wilson (howard@bga.sps.mot.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 09:35:19 EST

i heartily endorse the rhino lining bed liner. i had one put in about a year
and a half ago, in my 93 4x4. once in, it is a permanent installation. it
also could be added after years of abuse to a bed, and make it new looking
inside. and they can do more than just beds. they can do wheel wells, inside
trainers, inside shells, even inside cabs, if you wanted.

it protects very well against dents/dings/scratches. it also prevents rust in
the bed, and stops stuff from slipping around. and it is very tough and
resistant to everything. it will scuff up if you haul rocks, but it still
looks ok. and it cleans up with soap and water and a broom.

it adds about 60 lbs to a short bed, but it also deadens some of the vibrations
in the bed, making it quieter.

there are standard and custom colors available, at added cost. mine in
standard black cost about $450, with the rails costing about 50 of that.
 normal istallation was just up to under the rails.

i bought it just up to the inside top edge of the rails, but i wish i had done
the tops of the rails also, since i have a guid-on hard tonneau cover, which is
wearing the paint off the tops of the rails.

installation can be done in one day, if you coordinate the timing with the
installer.

go for it. you won't be disappointed.

     Have you looked into any of the spray-on bed liners like Rhino
     Linings? Comparable in price to a drop-in and seals the bed surface
     against water. Also has a grippy type of surface that keeps stuff
     from slidin' around. They've got a website but I can't find where I
     wrote it down. You can send for free info and a sample of the
     material. Hope this helps.

     Sean