Re: Dealer Warranty Work

From: Jon Steiger (steiger@ait.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 20:49:37 EST

At 11:54 AM 3/20/97 EST, you wrote:
>Logo update:
>
>just a humorous story about the Dealer Logo...
>The dealer that I was going to buy my Dak from has a relatively large
>obnoxious Dealer Logo (Which BTW is drilled and riveted on) and, I told
>the them that I wanted a discount for advertising their logo around town
>on my truck. Obviously they laughed at that and told me no way, (I was
>only kiddin but I thought it was worth a shot). But, they were total jerks
>about it. So I told them that I would *not* Buy the truck from them if
>it had the logo on it. They sent me packin! Can you believe it? As it

  Yikes!! I guess they must have been having a good year!

>turns out I was able to get the exact same deal at a different dealer (+$15)
>and I went there. (They too had an obnoxious logo, but it was not riveted
>on) I gave them offer and they told me they also couldn't (wouldn't)
>leave it off, but held off putting it on until right before I picked up
>the so As soon as I got home I was able to remove it easily as it hadn't
>set yet...(a small knife under the corner and it peeled back easily)
>But ya got wonder about some o those dealers...
>apparently those sticker (or emblems in some cases) are worth more than
>13 thousand dollars! ha!

   :) That's amazing!

   When I got my truck, I told them not to put their logo on it. The
sales guy didn't seem enthused about it, and gave me a strange look,
but they left it off.

   I suppose it does give them some advertising, though I don't know what
good it does other than to show their "market share". I almost feel bad
about making them leave it off, but I figure that if I'm paying around
20 grand for this thing, I'm entitled to decide wether or not people can
stick stuff to my paint...

                                              -Jon-

    Jon Steiger - Network Administrator for Academic Information Technology
    .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
    | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
    | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
     I do not speak for SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.