K&N filters

From: Paul Caskey (pcaskey@swcp.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 1997 - 14:07:47 EST

I got a stock replacement (same size) K&N filter for my V8 Dakota, and
I'm pretty happy with it. I noticed a little more power, but gas mileage
has gone *down*, which surprised me. It sure *sounds* like the engine
is breathing easier.

I would like to squeeze out as much power as possible, for towing, and
I've read here that the MP chip is not recommended for towing.
(Although I don't understand why.) Should I bother getting this
Edelbrock 10" setup everyone is talking about?

Paul Caskey mailto:pcaskey@swcp.com http://www.swcp.com/pcaskey
             "earth" is not yet a domain name. -- RFC 1178