Re: Drag Racing...

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:03:29 EST

Alan Casey wrote:

> >Oh yea,you CAN win with a five speed(I did at the motorplex last year in no
> >electronics to the tune of $250). Good luck and keep racing.
> >
> >Andre Mauboussin
> >
> >95 Sport 5spd
> >14? @? mph previous best 14.90@92mph
> >

> Hey Andre
>
> I have the Texas Motorplex Schedule here, Questions: When can joe public
> race there? During the 1/4 mile points race? and what about the Friday
> street nights? I also see they have a Mopar Day and 1/4 mile points race on
> May 24th? That might be a good time to have a local area Dakota get together
> if we can race.
>
> I went up there for the Test & Tune on February 16, had a great time,
> unfortunatly I was the lone Dakota there. Great Track, blows away Temple
> Acadamy Dragway where I usually go.]
>
> Alan...

Good to hear from you Alan. You can race in any 1/4 mile points race (I
race in no electronics sometimes, thats the class I won one weekend last
year) for money. The Friday night thing is just grudge match/fun racing
I beleive, but the entry fee is naturally lower. I will be there Sunday
April 23 for my car club's Mopars at the Motorplex Day (Dallas Mopar
Club). We have quite a few V8 Daks that race in our club. Me and a
fellow member got semi finalist/runner up in last weekends musclecar
club challenge at Kennedale(Ft. Worth area 1/8th mile track). I may go
to the Motorplex this weekend to see if I can put some more chebbies and
Frods on the trailer again :-). My truck's running 9.50s in the 1/8th @
73.7mph how about yours?

Andre Mauboussin