Re: '97 K&N filters

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 05:05:33 EST

<< On my '92 inverting the air cleaner cannister top won't work, the top hits
 the underside of the hood (insulating pad). Maybe it'd work without the
 noise insulation in place. Also wouldn't allow the area that even a
 2.25x10" open filter would, let alone a 3x14" open filter.

Larry I used a cover off my wifes spagetti cooker (She burn the bottom)
drilled a hole in the center and it fit over filter perfectly, left the
handle on and everything. Told the guys at the drags that I was cooking a
little something up to run faster and then opened the hood, got a lot of
laughs but it did help. I then fabbed a ram air set up out of 2 dryer vent
kits ($10 ram air kit) it fit in from the bottom each side of radiator and
run hose up. Added a second inlet on left from 1/2 of the metal duct that
goes into inlet part and took the flappers out, painted them black and gained
2/10's and 2 mph.
Just another brain storm..

Bill