RE: What is this extra "junk"

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 21:07:23 EST

At 05:23 pm 3/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>This is a .dat rtf (rich text format) file, I believe. It contains
>information such as font type, size, color and is sent as a separate
>attachment to the original text message. For MS Exchange users, if you
>go into Tools/Address_Book, bring up your PAB (personal address book),
>click the right mouse on the entry for the quattro list, there should be
>a box that says "always send to recipient in Microsoft Rich Text
>Format". This box should NOT be check for this entry. Mine is off so
>what other gibberish did Exchange attach to this message?
>
>Mark
        It's not just Microsofts mail. I'm using Eudora 3.0 Pro and it allows me
to send messages with different fonts, colored text, and other formatting.
Wait i'm seeing the future... MS Word will become a propietary mail client.
        Will one of the people getting the garble please tell me if any comes with
this message / i'll look through my settings and try to fix it. thx

p.s. Eudora 3.0 Pro is by far the best mail client i've ever used.
        (it's "free" too :-|l )

       // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
    {}|| | | ||{} mmeye@umr.edu
      [=============] 92 Dakota SLE Club Cab