0-60 times . . .

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 19:53:02 EST

*snip*
That 0-60 time has me wondering. I stopwatched mine at 8.2 and
thought that was a little slow (stock except for the computer).
How 'bout some of you 5.2 '97 guys do a few 0-60 runs and let us know
how their doing.

Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB
5.2, Auto, Mk III
MP SBEC, K&N FIPK

Mike, I've got a '93 and I'm hitting 60 in 7-flat without the MP
computer. What kind of ratio do ya have in the rear of it? I've got
the 3.55 in mine. The mods I have to my Dak include: 3" catback,
K&N filter, removed the "block off" plate at the front of the snorkel
tube from the air cleaner assembly (really helped out breathing at
highway speeds), Accel Supercoil, MSD 6A ignition, Accel 8mm wires,
Accel cap and rotor (brass), AC Delco Rapidfire plugs, 1" drop in the
back (blocks), 1 1/2" drop in front (shorter/stiffer springs), and
last but not least, homemade trac bars that let you spin about 6 feet
and that's it no matter how fast you get the tires spinning before
you take your foot off the brake.

What are some of you other guys with similar mods hitting 60 in, or
have you timed it?

- Rob Cobb '93 V8 LE 2wd swb.