It has arrived

From: Andy Callahan (quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 17:09:47 EST

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to update you all about my truck and brag on my dealer a
little bit (I've heard so much about dealer problems that I thought you guys
might appreciate hearing some good news). I took delivery on my truck
Saturday (exactly 5 weeks and 1 day after I ordered it). However, when the
dealer first called, he said it was in, but I would have to wait until
Monday to pick it up because there was no one their to prep it for me. I
just happened to be home from college because of Easter, and wouldn't have
been able to come back to get it until Wednesday. So, I asked him if he
could contact the guy that preps the trucks and ask him to come in today if
I payed him extra. He called the guy and he agreed to come in. They told
me I could pick it up at 1:00. Well, I arrived at 1:08 (my parents took
their slow time getting me there). As we pulled up, I immediately knew
which one was mine and noticed that it had been washed for me. I had told
my dealer that I didn't want a front license plate bracket on the truck (you
guys understand why), and he agreed to make sure there wasn't one. However,
we had never discussed the dealer logo on the back, but, low and behold,
when I walked around to the back of the truck there was not a dealer logo
tag to be found! I said something about it and even told him I didn't mind
him putting one on (I feel like I at least owe him that much for all of his
help and honesty). He declined the offer though, and told me that he
wouldn't do that to me (he noted that it would just be another thing to wax
around). Then, after I got in the truck and started it for the first time,
I noticed that the truck had 6 miles on it. It didn't really bother, but I
thought I would just inquire about who drove it and where. He then
explained that he simply drove it down to the gas station and back. Sure
enough, the fuel tank was full and the distance to the gas station was right
at 3 miles. Well, sorry I've gone on and on, but just one more thing--as we
were getting ready to work out the finances I asked how much I owed the prep
guy for coming in and getting my truck ready. He said nothing--they knew
how much I was looking forward to the truck and didn't want to delay the
arrival for me. What more could you ask from a dealer? He's been really
great, and since I don't have a dealer tag to advertise for him I'll do it
by e-mail--if any of you live near Franklin Kentucky (about 1 hour north of
Nashville TN) stop in to Hunt Ford-Chrylser and look for Leon Cothern. I
don't think you'll have any problems. By the way I love the truck. I
couldn't have asked for anything better for the money. I just got the truck
over the 300 mile break-in mileage today and got on it a little. All I can
say is *WOW!*. It sure blow the hell off the doors of my 89 T-bird
(personal best time in T-bird 0-60 11.37 seconds :)) Well, I'm done, sorry
I took all your time.

             Andy Callahan
      quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net
      University of Kentucky GO CATS!