Re: Platinum Plugs

From: mike meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 17:55:04 EST

Brett Stoner wrote:

> I was a bit surprised to find out that the 97 Dakotas are not coming with
> platinum spark plugs (the manual says to replace the plugs at 30K) I'm
> planning to replace mine with a good set of platinum ones, but I was
> wondering what you guys recommended. One place recommended Champion Truck
> Plugs (which were the most expensive, and in most cases you do get what you
> pay for) but I haven't really heard anything good or bad about these. Any
> opinions?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett
Many Magnum Dak owners (myself included) have experienced problems with
Bosch platinums. In previous discussion we wern't able to come up with
what caused it or why it only affected about half the daks. You might
wanna stay clear of them.

P.S. 6 Bosch Platinums (less that 1000 mi) free for cost of shipping.
:>>