Re: "ticking" of an injector. . .

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 16:04:01 EST

     A few of us were discussing this awhile back. There is (at least on
     my '97 and I know the engine was essentially a carryover) a ticking
     sound associated with the multi-point fuel injection that is a
     "feature" of the system. I've heard it called "Injector Chatter".

     I about pulled my hair out the first week I had my truck thinking the
     rockers were out of adjustment or sumthin'. Ask Rob Agnew about this
     one as well ;) (I think it was you Rob, right?).

     Someone mentioned a switch to a returnless fuel delivery system that
     might cause a 'ring' as the injector closed but I believe this change
     was in '94.

     If the in-tank cleaner doesn't work and this is a noise you didn't
     have before I would try the 'professional' style injector cleaner that
     comes in can that actually fuels your vehicle for about 10-15 minutes.
      You disconnect the fuel pump, plug in the cleaner can, and run the
     truck till it dies.

     Does anyone else have any ideas on this one?

     Sean
     '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/E-KN FIPK clone
     sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com