Re[2]: Tech Question - 'A' Block heads -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 08:43:59 EST

Sean wrote:
(360 crate motors) -> Both have roller valvetrains (standard
rockers). Granted the internals are stepped up abit but that's
expected for a upto 380 horse motor.

Hey, I wonder if the 300 horse cam that's offered in the MP parts
catalog would go into the 318 without any trouble? It would have to
have better lift/duration than the stock 318 Magnum cam, and if
they're both off the same block, essentially, then why wouldn't it
work? Besides, the 300 horse cam that's offered is about $200
cheaper than the cam for the 318 that's offered for $450, and it only
gives you around 15 horsepower, doesn't it? Just my 2 pennies. . .

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd
s0042745@cedarville.edu