16" wheels

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 23:36:05 EST

Does anybody have 16" wheels on their truck? I've got a 93 2wd swb,
and my dad just picked up a set of 16X7" polished aluminum wheels for
the Dakota from a guy who'd traded in his truck (he got a Toyota and
told my dad he wasn't happy with his trade at all). Oh yeah, they've
never been on a vehicle and guess what he picked 'em up for? $100. .
.for the whole set! (no center caps or lug nuts, though, but who
cares) I'm running a 235/70 right now, and I would like to keep the
tire height about the same as I'm running now. I'd also like to go
with maybe a 245 or 255 series to give me a little better grip in the
twisties. What do you guys think I should go with? 245/60? 245/50?
 255/60? 255/50? I'm thinking about MAYBE putting a lower profile
tire on the front than back, but that would screw up rotating the
tires around, so I don't know. I don't want to go TOO big on the
tires because that's rolling resistance and I don't have any problem
with traction, so I don't need to go too wide. Anyway, what do you
guys think? Thanks in advance.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd
s0042745@cedarville.edu