EGR system

From: BAC0813@ritvax.isc.rit.edu
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 16:16:52 EDT

I have a 91 dakota 5.2 V-8 (non magnum) with 92,000 miles.
It has developed a pinging at high-way speeds and on acceleration. The timing
is right on 10 degrees, I think that it is the EGR system. I tested it
according to the Haynes manual but am not sure what it means. I applied vacum
at the solenoid side of the vacum transducer and the vacum would not hold at
all. Then I applied vacum at the EGR valve and the vacum did haold but did not
move the valve. The engine was running at about 800 rpm then at 2000rpm like
the manual suggest. Any ideas?

Brent
91 V-8 4x4