Re: EGR system

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 15:38:54 EDT

Brent
One of the truisms of Life... The EGR valves die way before the truck.
I'm not sure if that could be your PROBLEM or not, but I gaurantee that
with 90k miles on your truck, the EGR valve is bad. Probably a singed
diaphram (read that charred) and if it is, you should also probably
clean out the vaccum line going from the valve to the carb. You should
definitely clean the line going to the exhaust manifold.
BTW the EGR valve on mine was about 47 dollars from the dealer.
rICK
'90 4x4 3.9L Auto(A500)