Re: Track / rocker results

From: Jeffrey Misner (jbmisner@mtu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 17:57:41 EDT

> The truck pulls further into the red than
> before but not hard enough to make up for all the torque I have lost down
> low.

> Jules recomends intalling the taller gears, I am just afraid that will kill
> my gas mileage. Hell it already cost me $200 a month in gas for this beast.

> 94',SLT,V8,5spd,MP SBEC,Flowmaster,SureGrip,MSD,Pulley's,Taylor
> wires,Lakewood traction bars,Crower Roller Rockers.

Alan, I don't know what you've got on your truck, all I've got to work
with is you .sig. It looks like you're not running headers. I'm no kind
of an expert, but maybe with a set of headers your engine will be able to
really put the 1.7 rocker arms to good use. Also, with all that air
flowing in there, could it be possible that the fuel injectors are not
squirting out enough fuel? Other than that, I've seen really big exhaust
systems 3" by Gibson, that claim big torque gains. Maybe the size of your
current exhaust system is now too small? I also don't see a K&N air
filter in your .sig. I don't really know how much they help, but I know
they advertise up to an additional 15 hp and their cheap (relativly).
Also, maybe the added airflow will help out your engine. If you're
running true dual exhausts, I've heard that if you connect them before the
cats (I think) it will help out a little bit too.

Anyway, I'm just shooting out some ideas. I know they've helped out the
cars that they were applied to in HotRod magazine.

Hope this helps-

Jeff
'97 Sport CC, 3.55, auto