RE: FW: Mopar Magnum valve covers...

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 12:56:00 EDT

> You probably won't need anything but a good quality gasket. I'm
only
> considering the silicone sealant because I'm using older small
block
> Mopar style valve covers and they're a slightly different shape
than
> the Magnum head. I'm using good quality gaskets and I'm hoping
thats
> all I'll need. Yours should be fine.

Ahh... Thanks. The kit does come with its own gaskets from Ma Mopar so
I'll have to assume (yikes) that they'll be fine...

> The load spreaders should also be unnecessary due to the fact that
the
> Magnum valve covers use 10 bolts with evenly distributes load
around
> the perimeter.

Cool... I think they'll dress up the engine compartment nicely... those
combined with my FIPK-clone, plus some nice red plug wires from Jules
(hot damn!)... gonna be a good summer!! Thanks again for your input!!

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon