Re: Mileage [Andy Callahan]

From: Andy Callahan (quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 21:43:56 EDT

To date, I have only gone through one complete tank of gas. I drove 273
miles on 17.407 gallons which comes to 15.683 mpg. Of the 273 miles, about
160 were highway, the other 113 were rough city miles (this is my first
manual so I wasn't able to drive very economically during those first few
miles). I'm sure someone more experienced could have achieved much better
results. I did notice, however, that my mileage computer indicated an
average of 14.3 mpg, which, as you can see, didn't match my calculations.
You do have to reset the computer. You can do that by simply getting in one
of the resettable modes (like average econ., trip distance, E.T., etc.) and
press and hold the two buttons at the same time. It should reset all of the
resettable functions at the same time. I reset my computer at the time I
filled up, so I'll let you know what I find out the next time I visit the
station.

At 08:47 PM 4/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Andy;
>
>What kind of mileage are you getting with the 3.55 gears? Took mine on
>somewhat of a trip this past weekend, 182 miles before I filled-up again
>(11.8 gal.), which works out to about 15.5 mpg (some of this was city
>driving). However, as posted by someone else, my mileage computer
>indicates 12.9 mpg. I will have to admit that I am not sure if you need to
>reset it or anything (I know, read the manual.. 8-P..)
>
>I am strongly considering having 3.55's installed. Of course I will keep
>the 3.92's just in case.
>
>L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
>!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
>'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
>5.2L, 5spd, 3.92SG

* Andy Callahan *
* BEIC Consultant *