Re: Mileage and Computer

From: Michael Kneebone (kneebone@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 13:50:08 EDT

> I did notice, however, that my mileage computer indicated an
>average of 14.3 mpg, which, as you can see, didn't match my calculations.
>You do have to reset the computer.<<<

My '97 Dakota V-6/auto trans averages about 16.2 mpg (over 8,500 mile
period 60% city 40% highway) and the computer average for the same period
is 15.6 (or .6 mpg below the real mileage). The commputer is pretty
consistent, the most it has read is .7 mpg low and the closest is .3 mpg
low (it has never read more miles then I was getting).

Michael Kneebone