Re[2]: valve cover gaskets...

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 06:47:29 EDT

     Thanks for the input, John. I actually considered the Fel-Pro's when
     I ordered all my stuff and only went with what I got for the extra bit
     of clearance they provided. I think I'm probably going to return the
     cork/lam jobs and get either the Fel-Pro's or Mopar's rubber/steel
     core gaskets.

     Sean
     '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/Edelbrock-K&N FIPK clone
     MSD 6A ignition awaiting install
     sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Sean;

I would assume the reason for the H.D. laminated gasket is for race
engines, that get tore down alot more than the normal everyday driver. I
would go with good "FEL-PRO" rubber/neoprene gaskets, but do not, I repeat
do not over tighten the cover bolts. By blow-out of a valve cover gasket I
imagine what is meant, is that by over tightening the bolts the gasket will
squeeze out between the cover and head.

Just my .05

L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
5.2L, 5spd, 3.92SG