Re: valve cover gaskets...

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 16:57:25 EDT

> I'm not positive but the gaskets that came in your kit may be the same
> heavy duty gaskets that you mention. What is the material on the
> 'kit' gaskets. The heavy duties are rubber with a steel core.
>
> I ordered a set of Ultra Seal v.c. gaskets for my chrome Edelbrock
> covers and I'm a little unsure about 'em now that I see 'em. They're
> a rubber laminated cork gasket. I'm wonderin' do I give the laminates
> a shot and risk blowin' 'em out or send 'em back and get the steel
> core rubber ones. Hmmm....any suggestions anyone?
>
> Sean
> '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/Edelbrock-K&N FIPK clone
> MSD 6A ignition awaiting install
> sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Guys, Guys. We are talking about valve cover gaskets, are we not? If so
whats going to blow out? Theres no preasure against them. Some of my bolts
were only finger tight when I took them out. I put the old ones right back
on and just barely tightened them down. No problem, no leaks.

Hope this helps.
Alan...