Re: K&N clone

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 10:15:16 EDT

----------
> From: John Walker <dakota@wku.campus.mci.net>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: K&N clone
> Date: Tuesday, April 15, 1997 09:45 PM
>
> Jules, doesn't cooler, dense air typicaly = more horsepower? What about
> intercooled Turbo and Supercharged cars? An intercooler is typically
good
*snip*
> understood you correctly, you did say an increase in torque not
horsepower.

> John

        The point was that the open element, even though getting a
warm air charge, instead of a cold air charge, will produce more torque/hp
than
a canister type air cleaner element (with or without the fresh air vent).

        Ideally you'd want both (the open element, and a fresh air charge!)
I am currently looking into a venting system similar to that of a Nissan
hardbodies grill..(it's in the hood, frontal area)... I want to adopt that,
bring in through
the bottom of the hood, then have a base plate around the bottom of the
FIPK I have
then semi-incase the whole deal... Ram air from the front, and inside
engine compart
ment air from the sides and back... The base plate is to keep the heat from
the
headers away as much as possible...

        NEWS @ 11:00 !

        ..Sam '95 SLT