Re: More on Unusual Front Tire Wear on 1997 4x4

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 07:08:57 EDT

Rob;

Wrangler's are Wrangler's are Wrangler's, not necessarily true. The
Wrangler RTS's have a very similar tread pattern to the Firestone ATX's,
which doe's not mean their compounds are the same, but mine seem to be
wearing the same as the four sets of ATX's I have had on other vehicles. I
have had fairly good luck with the ATX's, 48,000 on the ones I had on my
4x4 Ranger SC (which is saying something, due to the fact that I think that
the Ranger class is hard on tires) 54,000 on the first set on my Explorer,
second set of ATX's do not seem to be holding-up as well. But the key to
any tire longevity is maintaining a constant pressure and rotation at a
minimum of 5000 miles (religiously).

L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
5.2L, 5spd, 3.92SG