Re: FW: They skipped Mopar!

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 12:52:22 EDT

> And why are you
> being so defensive about Mustangs, anyway??

  This is a pretty amusing argument to me, considering the fact that
I own two Mustangs in addition to the Dakota.

  Rabid brand loyalty serves absolutely no purpose other than to
appease the marketing gods of the auto industry. There's nothing
a marketeer likes better than rabid fans spitting on other marques
for no particular reason, other than to fight with the other rabid
fans.

  I always hated and despised Chrysler and their shitty products,
including the much-vaunted late 60s muscle cars. Mainly because
the stuff Chrysler produced through the 70s to mid 80s was pretty
much dreck. Then I finally decided to buy a new truck and did my
research...

  Chrysler seems to be the only manufacturer with it's shit together.
The Dakota was the best truck value on the market, hands down, when
I bought it in '95. I make no claims for '97 since I haven't seen
the price tags, but other Chrysler products also look pretty good to
me.

  But that doesn't detract from the good products made by other
manufacturers.

  Ron