Re: FW: They skipped Mopar!

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 11:45:19 EDT

At 12:52 PM 4/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> And why are you
>> being so defensive about Mustangs, anyway??
>
> This is a pretty amusing argument to me, considering the fact that
>I own two Mustangs in addition to the Dakota.
>
> Rabid brand loyalty serves absolutely no purpose other than to
>appease the marketing gods of the auto industry.

Read you own statements below!!!

> There's nothing
>a marketeer likes better than rabid fans spitting on other marques
>for no particular reason, other than to fight with the other rabid
>fans.
>
> I always hated and despised Chrysler and their shitty products,
>including the much-vaunted late 60s muscle cars. Mainly because
>the stuff Chrysler produced through the 70s to mid 80s was pretty
>much dreck. Then I finally decided to buy a new truck and did my
>research...

Did you forget about the Valiants? I had two, cheap to own and run. The
best car I ever owned was a 1976 Volare, 10 years and 100,000 miles with
only routine maitenance. My brother-in-law had a V8 67 Mustang, yuch!. My
dads 69 Fairlane was 10 times the car. What about the rotting fenders on
the mid-70s Chev trucks, Ford trucks whose frames bend with a load in the
early 80s. How about the K-car and Dodge Caravan, the saviours of Chrysler.

In my books, only Dodge has built a real truck since 1972, and I mean one
with power, durability and load carrying capacity. Maybe you've seen too
many 'like a rock' commercials.

Smile Ron :), this is the Dodge Dakota list, everybody is entitled to their
opinion, brand loyalty, or whatever. If these Dakota guys leave your ford
mustangs eating fumes, so much the better!

> Chrysler seems to be the only manufacturer with it's shit together.
>The Dakota was the best truck value on the market, hands down, when
>I bought it in '95. I make no claims for '97 since I haven't seen
>the price tags, but other Chrysler products also look pretty good to
>me.
>
> But that doesn't detract from the good products made by other
>manufacturers.
>
> Ron

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com