Re: 1997s .. Wheel Alignment

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 08:39:19 EDT

>I ran into almost the same thing. I picked up my 97 Dakota a little more
>than a month ago and apparently the dealer didn't align it before delivery.
> I didn't notice any pull during normal driving, but when it was in for an
>oil change at 3000mi the dealer said the tires were wearing funny and it
>needed to be aligned. (They are going to do it under warranty, but I still
>have to make time to leave it there for a little while:/

<snip>

>Brett
>
>Brett:

Don't be surprised if you're alignment checks out ok. Mine did. The best
that the dealer can come up with is that the tire wear is the combination
of an new 4x4 front end design, city driving and the design of the
wranglers. Mine had 3,000 miles on it when we noticed the wear. I've
known the front end guy for years and am sure that the alignment is correct.

Thanks for your comments.
Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria,