Re: They skipped Mopar!

From: mike meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 16:44:17 EDT

<snip>
F*rd is the most backward line of products on the market today. My
cousins new mazda ranger can't pass with the air conditioning on. Some
of the older fords weren't all bad (my grandfathers 64 gallexy 500 was
in beautiful shape two years ago when he got rid of it. At 80K the
interor was in perfect shape, the only rusted parts on the outside were
the front and rear bumpers, the engine on the other hand was a lost
cause. I would have liked to had it, but they didn't tell me before
they got rid of it.
Now to mustangs; a mustang gt vs. a dakota v8 with upgrades to equal the
gt's price will easily run with/whip the gt; AND be able to hual a
couple of mustangs behind it while carring the same number of people.

BUT this is all my opinion. Most of us dakota folks are prouder of are
trucks than most because were a minority. Ma chrysler does "have its
shit together" more than any body else together right now.

Sorry for extending this somewhat pointless disscussion but i feel
strongly about this.

ps If i remember right based on lastyears sales figures chrysler will
become the number two automaker in something like 7 years. :>>