Re: Re[2]: They skipped Mopar!

From: Jeffrey Misner (jbmisner@mtu.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 20 1997 - 22:55:25 EDT

> << I have a 92 cc mp sbec.I was up over 130 last sunday and still
> gaining speed when i had to slow down.
> Karl >>
>
> Fastest I've had mine is about 120 but let off due to trooper territory. 30
> over speed in NY and your license is gone and insurance to. Not too many
> places to run it up with security. I'd sure like to let it rip and see what
> it would do.
>
> Bill

It seems to me that maybe we need to get together and find this out for
ourselves, may I suggest Montana?

P.S. I've only had my '97 up to 110, the engine (only had 230 miles on it
at the time) was past the 4700RPM redline [on the tach] in third gear.
The only way I could get the trans to shift into 4th was to let off the
gas a little. It shifted into 4th at 105, but I was accelerating at about
1mph per second, so I let off. BTW when I was doing 105 in fourth, I
think the tach was about 3700RPM (Not too sure though, at that speed I was
keeping my eyes glued to the road)

I've got this program called cartest, it lets you plug in stuff about your
car and it simulates 1/4 mile runs, 0-10 thru 0-100mph times, gas mileage,
top speed and alot of other stuff. The only thing I didn't know was the
coefficient of drag Cg, which I pulled off of a different truck: 0.450.
I'll put it on my webpage if anyone else wants it.
http://www.me.mtu.edu/~jbmisner/dak.html

- Jeff Misner
'97 CC, Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto