dak brakes

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Mon Apr 21 1997 - 14:21:36 EDT

} I have been meaning to ask this question, but keep forgetting. I have the
} 1800# load package on my 4x4. The rear brakes are larger for sure and I
} would suspect the rear leafs are beefier, not sure what was done to the
} front suspension. No complaint just that I have noticed that this thing
} has about the smoothest braking system of anything I have ever owned.
} Don't know if it has anything to do with the load package, any comments
} from anyone else?
}
} No grabbing, jerking, pulling, vibration, you just stop when they are
} applied. (BTW I have 4WAL)

There are two sizes of rear brakes. If you get the heavy payload package
you get the big rear brakes and heavier leaf springs (same number of
leafs, but thicker). No changes to the front suspension or brakes.

The brakes are smooth, but I would like some more power, and a much firmer
pedal. They do not inspire confidence with a 3000+ pound trailer (without
trailer brakes).

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD