MSD Problem

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 1997 - 22:59:41 EDT

 Well, looks like my new MSD unit is going back for repairs. The beast died
on me again today..... wouldn't start after a quick 5 mile trip. =BUT=....
this time I was prepared. I had wire, digital voltmeter, stock coil wire, etc.

 I switched everything back to stock & it fired right up. Switched back to
the MSD & nothing. The DVM showed the MSD putting out 0.00v to the coil.

 Drove it back home, & switched back to the MSD system.... fired right up.
But, get this..... while running, the MSD was putting out +.4v to the coil
(I don't know how it even ran). AND.... during cranking, it put out -50v.
Yep.... =minus= 50v. And yes, I was checking the orange (+) wire.

 Somehow..... these things just always seem to happen to me. <G>

                      Maddog