Re: '97 Windshield Washer

From: Slow@Primenet.Com
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 11:53:08 EDT

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997 08:01:23 -0400, you wrote:

>Anybody;
>
>I noticed the other day that my washer fluid tank level was dropping (I had
>yet to use the washer system). Did not think much about it, then yesterday
>I was on a job, and a contractor wanted to see the engine compartment.
>When I opened the hood I just happened to look at the washer reservoir and
>it was almost empty and their was dried blue washer fluid all throughout
>the cowl an down the back, inside corners of the fenders. At first I
>thought maybe the tank was cracked, but with further thought I think low
>pressure is sucking the fluid out of the nozzles while I am driving.
>Anyone else have this occur with their '97.

Yup,

        Mine did that to me too. I never use it, and it is quite hot
here, so I was thinking that it was evaporating. I then noticed the
"blue streak" on the outside of the bottle. I cleaned it off, refilled
it, and have not had it happen again. I think that maybe the top was
not installed correctly at the factory/dealer.

        Steve