Re: Dak headers: Shorty vs. Thorley

From: Dan Myers (waterfn@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Apr 29 1997 - 22:59:48 EDT

Scott Vieth wrote:

> Sean:
>

> According to Lisa at J&M, there is something special about the '97s
> that raises the price on the D.T. headers.
>
> I also spoke to Gibson. They're going to be making a shorty-style
> header for the '97 but not for a few months. They're busy working on
> Chevy products right now. ha ha ha!!
>

> Get back to work and design some more fans. Those rice burners are
> over-heating!!! :^) :^) :^)
>
> =Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
> '68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
> '97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone

There is a dodge dealer out here in S.O cal that is number 1 in
perfomance parts in the country. They have done buisness with Jules and
they are real knowledgable the guy I talk to usesed to race a shelby now
he's running a a cuda I think. anyway he says Doug Thorly is not makeing
the mopar headers for them anymore it is a different manufacture, DT
could not keep up I'm told. price for mopar headers is $478.88 another
place you might want to call is Hawaii Racing 805-583-8880 they were
cheap when I got mine. Dan