Paint Recall on 97 Daks

From: axeman (andrews3@ghplus.infi.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 00:20:39 EDT

Has anyone out there heard of a recall on 97 Dakotas due to a problem
with the paint flaking off? My brother in law who bought his 97 SLT
Maroon in color in December has had a problem with the paint on his
hood. It has been repainted once. Today he calls to tell me that he
spoke to Monroeville Dodge, the worst place in the Pittsburgh Pa area to
buy a Dodge, and they told him that there is going to be a recall on all
Dakotas because of the paint but you will have 2 options 1) have your
Dak stripped of paint and repainted or 2)they will buy it back but
charge you 10 cents for every mile. Now I called Norwin Dodge where I
bought my 97 Bright Jade Pearl Coat Dak and the salesman,who treated me
like I was a king, checked with service and they know nothing of it.
Please help! In my opinion I think they are just trying to screw him
again!