Re: Spanked a Z/28?

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 13:17:19 EDT

On Thu, 1 May 1997 18:34:16 +0000, you wrote:

>You used to own a vintage muscle car but you don't even know how to
>spell the model? This doesn't lend a lot of credibility to your
>story.

        Simple mistake, as in typo....nothing more. If my mistake
leads you to believe otherwise, so be it.

>You admitted that you beat the guy because he panicked and roasted
>his tires. I don't think that counts as a kill. If he would have
>hooked-up, you'd remember nothing but Camaro (note the spelling)
>tail lights.

It does to me. Same thing applied to grudge night matches. If a guy
blew a shift, red lighted, or shut down it was still a win. As I said,
if the guy could drive his car, he probably would have won. If I was
still into street/strip, I would have bought a two-wheel drive
standard cab, and had Jules on the speed-dial.

>The Dakotas are nice but they will get chewed-up by 4th gen Z28s.

My post was not ment to be a statement of superiority of the Dak over
the CAMARO, but just for what it was...a simple spur of the moment
street race. The Dakota was never intended to be a hot rod, nor was
the Camaro intended to be a pickup. I seem to have offended some
people which was not the purpose of my post, forget I sent it...

        Steve