Re: MSD knock sensor?

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 09:57:00 EDT

     Sorry about no replies to the 6T question. I know a few have to have
     the external timing controller. I'm considering this possibly when
     they finally release the '97 SBEC's. A few places around here offer
     $100 rebates if you turn in your stock computer. I'd rather have the
     adjustable timing for hauling stuff than swapping computers back and
     forth.

     A caution on the knock sensor. One of the downfalls of knocksensors are
     that they sometimes confuse other noises as knock and retard your timing
     when you really don't need it. If its simply an indicator light that
     warns you of the problem then you're ok as these mistaken noises are using
     just quick and then gone.

     just my 2 cents

     * *
     * sean meldrum Email: work:sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com *
     * home:dakota@c3net.net *
     * *
     * Black, reg. cab, 2wd, 318, 5spd, 3.55 SG, FIPK clone, *
     * MSD 6A and Blaster coil awaiting installation. *
     * *