Re: MSD knock sensor?

From: rlr (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 11:04:53 EDT

> Sorry about no replies to the 6T question. I know a few have to have
> the external timing controller. I'm considering this possibly when
> they finally release the '97 SBEC's.

  I don't have to have it, and if I do upgrade with an MSD I'm most
likely sticking to the stock computer for my '95. The reason I want
to use the MSD timing module is to tweak around gasoline quality
(I have some trouble with our winter fuel).

> A caution on the knock sensor. One of the downfalls of knocksensors are
> that they sometimes confuse other noises as knock and retard your timing

  Near as I can tell, the MSD knock sensor is merely an indicator.
Perhaps it also interfaces to the timing control, but I'm guessing
that is an installation option if it is indeed available.

  Thanks for the reply,

  Ron