Re: Spanked a Z/28?

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 15:52:41 EDT

Bill:

> Got to go with Steve on this one. He beat the Z and thats all she wrote.
> Amen, another one bites the dust. Spin, missed shift, auto it doesn't matter
> but who was in front does and once again it was a Dakota.. Keep up the good
> work Steve and I mis-spell once in a while to.
>
> Bill

Auto? The auto version of the Z28 is faster than the 6spd. *And*
the Michigan State Police voted the 4th gen Z28 with automatic their
favorite pursuit vehicle.

What if the story went the other way? Let's say a 4-cyl Geo Storm
pulled up next to me at the lights and it had just finished raining.
The light goes green and I'd go through the first three gears
spinning and sliding slideways through the intersection. The Storm
would whip my ass on any blacktop that's slightly moist.

I love the truck but it's got no traction on wet roads.

Let's keep the "kill" stories to dry blacktop matches that are fair
fights. A missed shift doesn't mean he beat the other vehicle. It
means the other driver is not as skilled or not as lucky.

=Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone