Re: Spanked a Z/28?

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 13:52:18 EDT

On Fri, 2 May 1997 19:52:41 +0000, you wrote:

>Auto? The auto version of the Z28 is faster than the 6spd. *And*
>the Michigan State Police voted the 4th gen Z28 with automatic their
>favorite pursuit vehicle.

It may very well be, only if the driver is up to it though. I know
that if you can't drive in the first place, you'll probably lose.

>What if the story went the other way? Let's say a 4-cyl Geo Storm
>pulled up next to me at the lights and it had just finished raining.
>The light goes green and I'd go through the first three gears
>spinning and sliding slideways through the intersection. The Storm
>would whip my ass on any blacktop that's slightly moist.

It might have, and actually I expected to lose. But it was not
raining, nor has it a month. It was totally fair, side by side and no
traffic for miles. He picked the fight by revving his motor, I just
obliged him. To be fair to all, I have lost more that I won, here's
what I can recall from memory...

        lost to a Neon Sport (Big ego loss there)
        lost to a Chevy Blazer (mid 70's I think)
        lost to a Corvette (Newer model, square taillights)
        lost to a VW Bug (Street/strip prepped, very fast!!)
        Totally backed down from a 440 GTX (Not stupid, hehe)
        Beat a new Camaro
        Beat a 1994 Mustang GT (sister's car)

Steve
1997 Dakota 4X4, CC, 5.2LT, 5 speed, everything 'cept the anti-locks