Re: Gibson cat-back ?

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 16:09:42 EDT

> Hey Scott;
>
> Educate me a little, I am interested in the Gibson cat-back system
> (single), is that what your have? Does it bolt-up nicely? How is the
> aluminized version vs. the so-called factory stainless? I see jules has
> these for $289.00, is that a decent cost? I would like a little more
> exhaust rumble and does it increase available power?

Yes, I have a single, 3-inch system. Yes, it bolts on very easily.
My factory "stainless" sure looked rusty after only one
Wisconsin winter.

Uh, Jules price is pretty good but there are better deals to
be had. I got mine for $259 (+$30 shipping from the
West Coast).

I love the new sound. It definitely has a cool rumble.

Yes, I think it increases power above 3000 rpm. My truck
really pulls hard once the tach gets over three grand.

Plus, if you install the Gibson system, you'll be able to
smoke Z/28s at the light. I was up against a Camero the
other night and I wasted him because he was distracted
by the sound of my exhaust and he missed a shift.
{No, I'm not going to let that one die easily. Ha ha ha!}

Seriously, I am very happy with the Gibson system.
I was very impressed with the look and fit of the components.
Plus, there is a HUGE polished chrome end piece that
looks great next to my black truck.

You won't be disappointed.

=Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone