truth in ignition

From: William R Bell Jr (rickeybell@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 22:12:25 EDT

What is the TRUE story about performance gains through ignition modifications?? I have talked to several pro shops that say that dodge has a damn good ignition except for the plug wires. But others say that a Jacobs or MSD is SOOOOO much better not only in performance , but in mileage also. Any response would be appreciated.

Rickey
97 SLT+ CC V-8 Auto 3.55SG K&N
Under-drive Pulleys, Tornado, Exhaust, & Plug Wires on order.

PS A quart of transmission fluid solved my cold jerky start problems.