Re: truth in ignition

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat May 03 1997 - 16:28:10 EDT

<< What is the TRUE story about performance gains through ignition
modifications?? I have talked to several pro shops that say that dodge has a
damn good ignition except for the plug wires. But others say that a Jacobs
or MSD is SOOOOO much better not only in performance , but in mileage also.
 Any response would be appreciated. >>

I,ve been told the same except nothing bad about the wires. I had not
problems with stock ignition but bought MSD and MSRetard to allow running NOS
with MP computer but I ran without NOS the other night and lost .5 sec from
last year without MSD??? The only other change was from Mobil to Sunoco gas.
I am going back to Mobil and change nothing else and see what happens I was
assuming a improvement with the MSD?? I'll keep ya posted as I figure things
out.

Bill