K&N Clone for 97 3.9

From: Keith R Wanderi (keith.wanderi@fsg.deluxe.com)
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 08:02:07 EDT

Has anyone put a 10" K&N clone on a 97 V6 yet? Reason I'm asking is that I did some measuring this weekend and have my doubts about it fitting. I measured from the center stud at the top of the throttle body back to the firewall and had barely 5 1/2". If you go up about 3 1/2 or 4" and measure back, it drops to about 4", this is where the rubber seal for the hood is. Apparently the throttle body on a V8 sits farther ahead, if its centered on the engine that makes sense. I'm thinking the only way to get a K&N FIPK on a V6 is to go with the K&N 9 x 2.25 filter kit. I saw this one in the Jegs catalog.

Any comments out there?

Keith Wanderi
keith.wanderi@fsg.deluxe.com