FW: Dakota: Body Lift

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Wed May 07 1997 - 12:11:00 EDT

Hi Robert-

>I'm considering putting a 2 to 3 inch body lift on my 4x2. My goal is
>to give my truck some added height (especially in the front) and
>consequently, allow myself room to put bigger tires (possibly 30x9.5).

I'm not an expert on body lifts, and haven't heard too much discussion on
the list regarding body lifts... most of the talk has been on *lowering*
Dakotas, not *raising* them! :-)

Seriously though, there are some kits out there for lifting Dakotas... I
believe that on the Net you can get a catalog from Off Road Unlimited
(http://www.4wdstore.com) I recently got a catalog from them, and I know
I saw some lift kits in there... I personally have a 4x4 Dak, and have no
intentions of lifting it so I'm not much help..

>-Has anyone tried, or heard of someone who has done this?
>-What are the detrimental effects if any, related with lifting dakotas?
>Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

There was someone on the list that had a lifted Dak, not sure if he's
still online. There was some issues with lifting 4x4 Daks, but not sure
about 4x2 Daks. Good luck!

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!