Re: Slow Day

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed May 07 1997 - 12:12:04 EDT

----------
> From: L. J. Morris <ljohn@alltel.net>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Slow Day
> Date: Tuesday, May 06, 1997 05:01 PM
>
> Sam;
>
> Thanks, your point is well taken, I do have my own mig-welder, so I can
> weld the Gibson system. I am looking for a little more rumble, and
> according to your observations, I may not get it. What or who is "Ed
> Hanson"? I have heard you mention it previously.

        He is a pretty well known muffler/exhaust installer/fabricator....
Luckily for me he's only 20 minutes from my house. He has been in
MANY Hot Rod, Road & Track, Truckin, Mini Truckin, Sport Truck, Mopar
Magazine... You name it. He did a setup in 93 on a 5.2L dakota... Used
a split pipe after the cat- into 2- Walker/Dynomax Ultra flo mufflers (oval

style) mounted side by side 'vertical' (*the wide side was stood on end,
and both mufflers sat right next to each other).. From there he dualed out
the
rear... The truck was white I believe, and had Cuda graphics striping on
it
(the long black dashes that finally blend in at the rear). All of the
magazines
in his 'waiting' room have the pages marked :P (with his shop/him in it).

> You are right about a Viper, same holds true for a fancy Vette with
> side-pipes. I've been at some shows (non-categorized) were I got to park
> the HEMI beside a Vette, when they hear me back into the spot, they can't
> get over the rumble coming out of those Oval Tips vs. listening to one
side
> at a time.

        The LOUDEST (sorry) car I ever heard was at Carlsbad raceway when
I did my 1/4 mi. runs. It was lime green Dodge/Plymouth Satellite, with a
hemi in it... This thing was sooo loud that I put my helmet on while
waiting
in line to run, and rolled up my windows.... My rear view mirror was
impossible
to see out of because it vibrated beyond recognition when this guy was
idling
next to me in line. I actually tried to start my truck up (when waiting, I
would
shut off the truck) while it was actually running TWICE while this guy was
next
to me... Needless to say that after a 8' long wheel stand and momentum
caught
up with him ...I beat him by 3 seconds in my Dakota ! :) Actually he beat
camaro (70ish) by that much, but after the camaro did a great
rearbumper-hit-
the-asphalt-wheel stand... :P

> BTW, I did not mean any offense by my post, ya know no expression with
> e-mail and all 8^)

        None taken! Get a wav. file up when you get your exhaust... I finally
got my computer fixed at home (I'm using this from WORK :P), so I will have
a wav. file up of my exhaust with headers by Friday...

        Sam '95 SLT