Re: Wind resistance; was: High RPM's etc.

From: steve clarke (sclarke@cancom.net)
Date: Thu May 08 1997 - 15:28:39 EDT

        Hey everyone, I bought my dakota last friday, not exacly a week but
this morening I tried to see what my top speed by the gage would show. I was
to the floor in fourth got 105 then the shift light came on so I went to
fifth and speed went to 110. I thought top speed was in fourth?. The truck
is stock exept for the alpine I put in because of no stereo. I have a 94 V-6
5-speed with 3:20-3:23? gear. How can I make my truck faster?.
        not sure if truck is broke in "right", an old guy had it and traded
it. He carboned up the motor and the injectors had to be changed and the
fuel pump. Only 16000 km on it. I would like the truck to handle better and
more speed but I live on an isolated island and parts are hard to find so
nitro is out.

PS- I asked a mechanic at the local dealer about K&n but he said it was a
waste of money because of the temperature the extra air would not help, he
says it realy good down south where its hot?

Steve Clarke sclarke@cancom.net