RE: dakota 6-speed

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Thu May 08 1997 - 23:37:17 EDT

At 11:22 PM 5/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Umm, I think its the other way around Scott (i.e. the 2-3 lockout is
>there when you are NOT getting on it). This was (according to the dealer
>here) to pump up the EPA numbers for the CAFE crap...
>
>Craig

Got two (was two...one just sold his) friends here at work with '95 and '96
Z's...both 6 speeds. The CAGS kicks in at low speeds when under about 2700
rpm. It was the CAFE crap for sure that forced it. It really isn't an
issue though since a simple little piece of electronics and a couple
weather pak connectors eliminates the CAGS in a jiffy. The current T56
would *never* make it into a truck with its 2.61 first gear. Hell, that's
like startin' in second.....