RE: dakota 6-speed

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Thu May 08 1997 - 19:04:10 EDT

> From: Craig Baltzer <cbaltzer@anjura.com>
> To: "'dakota@ait.fredonia.edu'" <dakota@ait.fredonia.edu>
> Subject: RE: dakota 6-speed
> Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 23:22:01 -0400

> Umm, I think its the other way around Scott (i.e. the 2-3 lockout is
> there when you are NOT getting on it). This was (according to the dealer
> here) to pump up the EPA numbers for the CAFE crap...
>
> Craig

Yes, that could be true also. I haven't hung-out on the f-body list
for quite a while. It's something to do with the EPA or some other
government body. It was interesting to watch the chip-heads on the
f-body list "engineer" a quick-and-dirty (and cheap) way to disable
CAGS on their M6-equipped car. GM probably spent years developing
it, the f-body list spent a week disabling it. ha ha ha!!

Mandatory Dakota content: I *really* miss my Dakota. Damn turkey!!!

=Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone