Re: dakota 6-speed

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Fri May 09 1997 - 05:46:34 EDT

Carl Vidos wrote:

> Um, no. CAGS was designed to prevent the gas guzzler tax. It comes
> into play when:
> you're in 1st gear (of course) and
> you're at 35% throttle or less
> and you're between 15 and 21 mph and
> engine coolant temperature is greater than 171 F (77 C)
> This will energize the skip-shift solenoid and force a 1st to 4th shift,
> and presumably, save gas. What is really does is force you to lead-foot
> around town like a speed junkie! :)

Yeah, that's what I mean to say. Ha ha ha!!
I guess I should have deferred to the experts instead of trying to remember the
CAGS details from my (sometimes faulty) memory. :^)
Thanks for correcting me, Carl.

> It really has nothing to do with noise, and is VERY easily defeatable,
> even with OBDII cars. This is the very first mod I did to my car. Uncle
> Sam can bite me...

I'll be sure to visit you and Sean "I don't need no stinkin' cat" Meldrum when
the OBD police come to take you away. ;^)

> Dakota content: I spanked one on the way to work this morning! Just
> kidding :)

That's just because the Dak didn't have his SBEC in place. Wait until the SBEC
for the '97 comes out, buster. Then you better run and hide!! ;^)

> Carl Vidos * cvidos@io.com * http://www.io.com/~cvidos
> 1995 Firebird that's STILL too damn slow, 13.78@103.97

Better have Markus take a look at your ride. He's cranked up his '96
Z pretty well and hasn't had to spend a whole lot of money.

Are you going to be at Memphis, Carl?

.
-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab,5.2L/5-spd,FIPK clone,Gibson cat-back